How Start-up Franchisees Can Increase Their Sales
by Ed Teixeira
The success of franchising is based in great part upon the ability of the franchisor to provide their franchisees an operating system for running their franchise.
Most franchisees return from training prepared to launch their new franchise. Once the ribbons from the grand opening come down, the franchisee is on his own and itís the franchisee thatís responsible for the operation of his franchise especially growing sales.
Since the franchisee must market and develop his territory for sales, itís important to use every resource and strategy available to generate sales. If youíre a start-up franchisee these sales tips can help you get off to a quick start.
Tips for growing sales:
- Know your competition and especially their strengths and weaknesses.
Use this information to develop and adjust your marketing plan.
- After you develop and implement the marketing plan be sure to
measure the results. Be sure to put together a list of measurable
objectives you want to accomplish. An outline with some action items,
costs and time lines will work fine.
- Launch your franchise as quickly as possible. Pre-sell your services
or products and distribute business cards and marketing materials before
opening the franchise.
- Be sure to join local business groups like the Chamber of Commerce,
Rotary Club and trade associations in your market area. You can
publicize your business and this will help to find business owners to
network with. As time allows volunteer to serve on a committee in these
- Consider offering reduced or special pricing to charities or groups in
- Contact local media representatives in your area to get an interview
on local radio or in the newspaper. Have a press release done so that
you can submit it to the media. Most local newspapers look for news
- Use special promotions and prizes to bring in new customers. This
may not be applicable for every franchise but if it is, give it a
- Contact some successful fellow franchisees before opening in order
to get some tips and advice and to learn about sales building programs.
- Consider reduced pricing on certain items to attract more business.
As a franchisee you have the ability to set your own prices, unless
there are restrictions in your franchise agreement.
- Where able use social media and mobile websites to generate more
customers. If youíre able to use Facebook and Twitter to promote your
business, itís a good way to gain more customers.
By implementing these tips you will have the opportunity to have a
successful launch of your new franchise by generating more sales.
© 2015 FranchiseKnowHow, LLC
Ed Teixeira is the President of FranchiseKnowHow.com and Chief Operating
Officer, FranchiseGrade.com. He is a former
franchise executive and franchisee. He can be contacted at 631-246-5782 or